As yall know, I am a Saints fan. It took them 43 years to make it to the super bowl and boy oh boy was it a great game. I really thought I was going to have heart failure in the first quarter...at one point I told Leanne, we are going to have to get out our paper bags. (For those who don't know...for years - 42 to be exact- the Saints haven't been the greatest team and their fans, faithful as they are, would wear paper bags over their heads to the games). However, the Saints play two ways...one they start off strong and lose it after the half or in the 4th quarter ... two the start off slow and finish strong. This was a finish strong kind of game. The game in itself was a great one. Both teams played strong and pretty clean (there were only a few flags thrown and most of them were for false starts-I would be a little anxious too if I were playing in the super bowl). Many thought the Colts would take the game and run. However, they forgot was a strong quarterback Drew Brees is. He lead his team to victory. However we must not forget how Peyton messed up and allowed our defense to become the offense and grab an interception to seal the deal and the victory.
When this happened, everyone at the super bowl party I was attending jumped up, screamed, laughed and hugged - it was the greatest moment!
It is amazing how one team has brought together a city and given them hope again. So way to go Sean Peyton for being a great coach, Drew Brees for having a great and accurate arm, Reggie Bush for being able to catch, Hartley for your kicking leg, Tracy Porter for making the interception and the rest of the team for doing your job! Oh you know how people say Brad Pitt should run for mayor in this election (see Voodoo post), well now they want Brees to...I'd vote for him. So Who Dat! Let's do it again next year!!!!
Leanne and I showing our excitement when the Saints won!!!
PS...
I can't forget to mention the commercials. I say Doritos wins hands down for the best commercials this year. Bud light dropped the ball this year with theirs. But Snickers gets 10 gold stars for having Betty White get tackled... ok I love BW but that was hilarious...hmmm...I should find that commercial and post it.
When this happened, everyone at the super bowl party I was attending jumped up, screamed, laughed and hugged - it was the greatest moment!It is amazing how one team has brought together a city and given them hope again. So way to go Sean Peyton for being a great coach, Drew Brees for having a great and accurate arm, Reggie Bush for being able to catch, Hartley for your kicking leg, Tracy Porter for making the interception and the rest of the team for doing your job! Oh you know how people say Brad Pitt should run for mayor in this election (see Voodoo post), well now they want Brees to...I'd vote for him. So Who Dat! Let's do it again next year!!!!
PS...
I can't forget to mention the commercials. I say Doritos wins hands down for the best commercials this year. Bud light dropped the ball this year with theirs. But Snickers gets 10 gold stars for having Betty White get tackled... ok I love BW but that was hilarious...hmmm...I should find that commercial and post it.







1 comment:
I am not much of a football person so I am so glad your team won. I have scrolled down through your blog and now I am starving! Everything looks fabulous. Love the New Orleans photos. Miss me my Mississippi Gal! Take care, Sara!
Post a Comment