Friday, December 31, 2010

Just Call Me Chef

I feel like I have been a baking/cooking fool lately...I have found these two fantastic websites that I keep testing their recipes.  Some are great, others well I should try again - they are still edible and taste great, but they don't look as great as the pictures online.  I also find things I want to try from watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives  and Best Thing I Ever Ate.  These shows don't give recipes but I will go online and find something similar to what they put in the dishes and then tweak the recipe to my liking.  They say if you change 1 ingredient it is a different recipe ...so if I ever do a cookbook (not likely) they will really be my recipes, right?  In reality I am just perfecting theirs...hehe.  :)   
So, here are some of the things I have been up to....

Halloween time brings fun ideas..
cupcakes surrounded with twix or kitkats and topped with m&ms!  
brownie graves

Next I made  roasted Eggplant balls...such a great alternative to meatballs!



 Pillow Cookies anyone?  
What is better than a chocolate chip cookie stuffed with a brownie?  
Nothing!



Bacon Jam on sliders in a puff pastry!
Bacon Jam is FANTASTIC!!!  Sweet and savory!



Christmas brought baking...
Classic sugar cookies (the only thing I took a picture of)
Shortbread
Ooey Gooey Bars
Chocolate Chip and Raspberry bars
Blueberry, white chocolate and caramel oatmeal cookies
Pillow cookies

Oh, I am sad I didn't take a picture of all the baked goods...the boxes we gave to people were so yummy looking with all the goodies in them! 

 I am also sad I didn't take a picture of the Cheesburger Soup we made...
cheesey, burgery, yummy...and so good with fresh lettuce and tomatoes mixed in right before eating!

My mom has also been making homemade bread, mostly artisan bread...last night we had cream of mushroom soup in a homemade bread bowl...yummy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Um, yummy! Why don't you live near me again? :)

Erica said...

Oh Sara how I miss your cooking!