Ok, so I told you before how I hate car sales people. I get so flustered just walking on a car lot because I know I am going to be flocked upon like a lion after a gazelle. I went to Slidell two weekends ago and went to about 7 lots and had no luck. I spent the next couple of days looking at every dealership from Mobile, Alabama to Slidell, Louisiana to the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Jackson, Mississippi. By Wednesday, I had it narrowed down to 5 vehicles and was feeling pretty good about all of them. On Friday, 3 had sold and I was down to two...an 08 Nissan Altima and an 08 Jeep Patriot. I had an appointment to test drive the Patriot on Saturday morning and I made an appointment to test drive the Altima Friday night. The sales lady, Dawn, was pretty good Friday and I was pretty much sold on the Altima. It gets great gas mileage and is pretty sporty. But I was still toying with the Patriot. The SUV is bigger, more cargo room, and according to my mom they are safer. Well, you know Dawn didn't want me to leave so she let me take the car home for the night! I had a sudden reality that I am grown up, because they only let grown ups take cars home for the night. So, I was pretty much in love with it before I made it home. My mind was made up. I went back Saturday and signed my life away. So, here are some pictures of my new car. The 2008 Nissan Altima. Oh it's so pretty! But it doesn't have a name yet. Suggestions???
 |
| I think I need a light tint on the windows...thoughts? |
 |
| Please ignore the dirt...you see where I park and it has been raining...trip to the car wash coming soon! |
 |
| It has a push button ignition...no keys!!!! There is also a button on the door handle and as long as my remote is on me, I just push the button and the doors unlock or lock! It also has a safety feature that if the remote is inside the car and I try to lock the door using the button, it won't lock...no more Pop-A-Lock! |
 |
| Look NO PLIERS NEEDED! | | | | | | | |
|
For those of you who rode in Streaker, the knobs for the AC were broken and came off so I had to use pliers to change my air settings.
5 comments:
NICE! I love your new ride!
Hey this is Ty and I have to tell you that you made the right choice. My parents rented a new patriot the other day and it was the biggest piece of junk I have ever ridden in. You will be so much happier that you bought the altima. Just my 2 cents.. (which is actually worth more than that.)
YEAH CONGRATS!! Super Cute!! :-D
THE SILVER BULLET! That's my suggest or rather the first thing that came to my mind. I think your car looks great. And I totally forgot about the pliers...that made me laugh. Oh the good old days. By the way we really need to plan a reunion.
I'm not even getting any name inspiration! But I love it! LOL about the pliers too. :) :)
PS:You look totally cool in your shades.
Post a Comment