Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here We Go Again


Well, here it is half way through Hurricane season and so far it has been very quiet. But as of right now there is a storm heading into the Gulf.... Hurricane Gustav. As of this evening it is heading straight for the Pearl River.... the same place Hurricane Katrina decided to make her landfall 3 years ago (this Saturday, August 29th)... Gustav is due to hit land Monday or Tuesday....Katrina came through on the same day too. Nuts. The thing I am having trouble with is not being home. My mom and Nana are going to my cousin's up in the country...which is good. I have told my mom if it is bad I am going to take a week or so from student teaching and go home to help with what I can. I can stay longer and make up the time... which is ok with me because I will be here until Christmas with the kids (I am already attached to them after 3 days!!) I can't stand being so far away right now. I really want to be home with my family. I will keep yall informed on what is going on ... but please keep my family in your prayers and pray the storm dies out or goes a different direction.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sara, I am hoping and praying for them all. Not again to that same area...that would be terrible. I am glad your family is leaving this time before it hits! Yikes. The pictute on your blog is neat even though it commemorates a bad day!

Holli no name Child said...

Hey Sara! I will keep your family in my prayers! I hope you are enjoying your student teaching