When we first got off the bus at the Port Authority, we were a block off Broadway!
We walked around a bit and nature called so we found a place to go to the restroom and warm up (it was in the low 20s when we arrived) ... we found M&M world! It wasn't as good as the one in Vegas but it was fun...Yellow is my favorite just to let you know...
After we left there, we walked down to Times Square... I didn't see the naked cowboy playing his guitar, like my mom did when she was here visiting my sister, I guess it was too cold for him ...
I was enjoying wandering all over the city, my young companion just want to ride the subway so we would stop walking...poor thing, doesn't she know you can see more by just wandering around? We wandered right into Radio City Hall...
which is right by Magnolia Bakery... made famous by Sex and the City...
Speaking of Sex and the City... it just happened to be Fashion Week!
I wanted to see the Empire State Building. I wasn't really sure where I was going but I could see it through the buildings and kept walking in that general direction...
As we were heading towards the Empire State Building, we came upon Macy's (bright lights, choirs singing)...now when I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and the acts perform in front of the store, I have always thought the street was pretty wide... nope I was wrong, it was hardly wide enough for two cars to go down...
First, Macy's is one of my favorite department stores, and I was happy to be in the original one that was 9 floors of shopping heaven, and they were having a sale. Sarah found a Marc Jacobs purse and almost fell on the floor when she saw the price, and it was on sale! We decided to start at the top and work our way down. I thought one of the coolest things was the original escalators....the picture doesn't really show how completely cool they were...
We finally left and kept on heading towards the Empire State Building... we finally made it with one detour to shop in the H&M .... I have been to a few here in the states and don't think they are as good as the ones in Europe, which is where they are from. We didn't go up the Empire State Building because the line was ridiculously long and we were going to the wax museum later .... so we just tilted our heads back, looked up and I said wow that is a tall building and we continued on...
now we headed back up town to Grand Central Station...and I heard nothing but complaints about getting on the subway, blah blah blah...
It was here that we finally go on the subway and headed to Little Italy for lunch...here I am on the subway...
When we got to Little Italy all Sarah wanted was pizza..what?!?! Um no! We are going to eat in a real restaurant, with hot Italian waiters...which is what we did, when this hottie coaxed us in....then we walked around Chinatown and I was trying to find a fake/stolen Burkin bag, which noone had. Sarah asked why the guys would ask if I wanted a purse and they didn't have any. I told her we had to go down an ally into a van or something to see them. She didn't think it was safe and I said for a Burkin it would be worth it. Maybe on my next trip they will have some fake/stolen Burkin...







1 comment:
just wanted to let you know that i'm jealous. i think it would have been more fun if I came, but that wasn't possible at the time.
patience, right. it's a virtue or something that i have to learn.
:O)
Post a Comment