Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Exciting News...

Well yall, after months and months, job application after job application, job fairs and more job fairs, my search is FINALLY OVER!!!!
WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!


Last week I was talking to my oh so wise friend (which is why she is my bestie) and she told me she had faith that I would hear something about a job. Well, she was right, I did get an email from a principal telling me all positions in his school had been filled, but thanks for applying, blah blah blah. I guess, I was hoping for a call about a job. I was beginning to get a wee bit depressed by the end of the week. The weekend came and went and a new week was beginning. Little did I know what this week would hold.


Picture it, Monday afternoon and my phone rings. I didn't know the number so I was going to send it to voicemail (I don't like to answer numbers I don't know - I'm weird like that). However, I just got a new phone and instead of sending it to voicemail, I answered it. Realizing it, I quickly said hello. This southern accented woman, quickly speaking may I add, started talking. All I got was "principal" "position" "do you have a job" "do you still want a job". Then I said... No I don't have a job yet, yes I would like a job...Oh I am sorry I didn't catch your name or the school. Dr. W asked when I wanted to interview, I answered Wednesday and gave her a time that was good for me when she asked. When I hung up the phone it took me a few minutes to realize I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW....sweet! Wait!??!! Am I ready for this.. .I mean this is the first real interview, besides the few I have done at job fairs. GULP!

Last night I drove up to Hattiesburg and stayed the night with Leanne and Branson, since they are half way to Jackson. I drove to my interview this morning and everything went well. Actually, Dr. W told me she had basically made up her mind to hire me after speaking with my references! Oh goodness, I need to call them and find out what all they said so I will know what I have to live up to!!! :) So I signed my employment agreement, went to central office handed in some paperwork, next week I will get my fingerprinting done and start setting up my classroom and find an apartment! YIKES! Oh did I mention school starts in 2 1/2 weeks??? DOUBLE YIKES!!!

So, now I am a McWillie Bulldog!

I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone for their prayers and support!
I really do have the BEST family and friends!
Love yall!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

So it's in Jackson then? Awesome...away from the Hurricanes. We have good friends that live in Jackson! So happy for you Miss Sara!

David Holbrook said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

The Shields Family.... said...

I am so so happy for you!! I know you will do great!! :-D

Emily said...

Woohoo!! You are going to be the most magical teacher ever! I just know it! Congratulations on the job. I love you so much!