At the beginning of July, I was able to take a little weekend get-a-way with two of my best friends from high school. We marvel at the fact that we have been friends for (oh I will give away my age here) 17 years now (that includes 4 years of high school ... I'm not that old, yet!). Leanne, Paula, and I, along with Paula's mom and sister went to Destin, Florida. Oh white sand beaches, sun, and fun!
Unfortunately, the first day of our trip was filled with rain due to feeder bands from Hurricane Alex. The second day we were graced with sun in the morning, so we quickly at breakfast and Paula, Leanne, Kristina and I headed to the beach. It was a beautiful morning, not too hot (it was only 9 am) and not too many people, yet. We are early risers and like to enjoy every moment of our vacation! There were huge wavs that crashed on the shore - I love that sound! However, the red warning flags were flying. Thanks Hurricane Alex! But that did not discourage us, we went in the water regardless. I know we are fearless and a little nuts. Kristina and I ventured out more than Leanne and Paula. I was knocked around and down by the waves. The undertow was crazy strong and it pulled my swim shorts right off me! Luckily I had on my swim suit bottom and I grabbed them as they reached my ankle. Oh the waves also sucked my brand new sunglasses right off my head! But some fish is totally rocking them right now, I just know it. Good news is I was able to go to Kohls and buy the exact same pair.
During the trip we shopped 'til we dropped - I bought 5 new pairs of shoes! We also ate wonderful food at fun restaurants. And Leanne, Paula and I took a picture holding an alligator! We had a wonderful time, made many great memories and are planning our next girls trip!

Make sure you squeeze the throat tight Leanne!
Crashing waves
Lunch at Fudpuckers - Me, L, & P
I always get myself into crazy situations
Natural alligator wrestler
Boats on the bay

Just me!

Leanne

Paula

Kristina and me -I am getting knocked down my the waves - notice my hair!

Carefree!

Me and L

P and L

L and K







2 comments:
Too fun! Love the thought of some fish rockin' your shades. Also, I totally see you as a gator wrestler. :)
You have so many adventures. You rock.
Post a Comment