![]() |
| Getting ready for the beach in Destin!!! |
It's me! I know I feel like I fell off the face of the earth...sorry, I promise to keep in touch more often! Ok, so I last chatted with you at the beginning of May...gulp...total slacker! Ok, where to begin.
My mom and Nana - both are doing FANTASTIC!
My Nana had part of her lung removed and she is doing great! Still going strong at 83! The lady doesn't let anything take her down! She is leaving sometime this month to go back home to Canada to visit her sisters.
My mom got her chemo port out last week and is doing great. Her hair is starting to grow back and I think she looks like Cooper Anderson :) She has to take a pill everyday for the next couple of years, but has a cancer free bill of health! Right now she is preparing for reconstructive surgery. Yesterday, she and her friend Elaine went zip lining. My mom is a superstar! To quote Leanne "Your mom is at least 8 different kinds of awesome!" It's true, she is!
End of school/job hunt - Well, school ended, I did not resign my contract, even though I was asked several times to stay by the Devil Principal. I am sure she was nervous because 12 teachers were leaving (she talked Laura into staying) - do you think that is a sign of how bad it is there? Plus I know several assistants are not coming back either. That doesn't look good on her. But I know not resigning was the right thing to do, now all I have to do is keep the faith that everything will work out the way it should. But I am getting NERVOUS/STRESSED because tomorrow is the 1st of July and I still have NOTHING! I have applied to almost every district from Jackson to New Orleans to Gulf Shores. I have been emailing principals and still nothing. Maybe I just need to relax, but it is hard to do. I did interview with the assistant superintendent for one district, but he said they have no openings on the elementary level right now, but things can open up close to the beginning of school...keeping my fingers crossed.
Boys - I said that I had some dates...yes I did! My friend Aimee and I had a blind date with some boys from Tupelo (birth place of Elvis). It was a good time. My date -boy #1- was a great guy and we are now facebook friends. And you know what they say... you are only real friends if you are facebook friends. I guess he wasn't that interested...I haven't really heard from him since. But the other guy was very loud and honestly, obnoxious and B#1 really didn't get a chance to know me. Maybe I should try for a second date...maybe not.
Boy #2, I just don't know what to do about. Let me fill you in...the weekend before Easter (so mid April?) a group of us singles in the Jackson area went a played goofy golf (or mini golf - I think only people from the coast call it goofy golf). Boy #2 was not supposed to go because he was going out of town for work, but thanks to a tornado hitting Clinton, he ended up not going and was able to come play with us. B#2 was in my ward in Jackson and I had never really talked to him in the almost 2 years I had lived there. Well, I should say we never had a conversation other than hey, how's it going? Well, B#2 and I had a good time and were able to talk a bit and get to know each other. I was told by a mutual friend that B#2 said he thought I was awesome. This mutual friend told me B#2 and I need to hang out and get to know each other. Well, B#2 went home for Easter and I did facebook him and he mentioned getting together when he got back...ok cool. We made plans for dinner and a movie. For the first Friday in May. However, the Sunday before (last Sunday in April) I was invited to his house for Sunday dinner and he asked me to stay and watch a movie. Anyways, things were going great, he came to a crawfish boil (mid May) with me at my friends (even though he is allergic) and that night he told me I was good for him, he hadn't felt this way about anyone in a long time (he is divorced), and I had him hooked. Ok, I melted and fell for him hook,line and sinker. At this point though I had less than 2 weeks in Jackson and then I was moving home, but he said we would make it work. Things were going well...and then the night before I left for the coast, I went to watch a movie at his house and as I was leaving, he told me he couldn't make it work in his mind and he didn't want a relationship with me but still wanted to be friends...SERIOUSLY!!! I went numb, I didn't know what to say, how to react, I think my mouth hit the ground. What the heck just happened? Earlier that day he called me 3 times as he was driving to job sites to talk and everything was normal...what happened in a couple of hours??? I agreed to be friends. I liked him, he's a good guy (except for dropping a BOMB on me). I don't know what happened, I haven't asked....should I? Well, the thing is, things haven't changed. We still talk on the phone all the time (at least 3-5 days a week and usually for an hour or so at a time). I have been out with him when I went to Jackson two weeks ago (and after our outing, we sat in my car for 2 hours talking) and last night I met him in Slidell (he is working in Covington this week) for dinner. When we go out, he pays for everything, but he is a good guy. We flirt with each other. I feel like nothing has changed...so can it work being friends? I like him, but if he just wants to be friends, why waste time and energy on him right? But part of me still does like him, I like spending time with him, talking with him and getting to know him. Suggestions? Advice?
So that is what is going on with me....Oh I did go to Destin, Florida last weekend with Leanne and Paula for our annual girls weekend. So much fun... pictures to come in a blog post soon... I need to get some of Leanne's pictures!
Love ME!








2 comments:
wow! You have had one busy summer. So let my novel begin...I am thrilled to hear about your mom. That is just fabulous news. I hope your future job turns up soon. And for the boys....well b#1 is gone. B#2 is still a possibility. I think that a long distant relationship might have scared him off. So my suggestions is to remain friends, get to know each other well and if you guys start dating then good for you. But don't pass up other dates along the way. You are a great person and you deserve the best. The Lord must have a special person in mind for you. Love you tons Mason!
PS...thanks for commenting on my blog (it means a lot to me!)
Post a Comment