Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holiday excitement



Well yall, I know it has been awhile since I last posted...nearly a month! It is tough not having internet where I am staying. Well, I made it home at the beginning of December and have been here and there and doing this and that since then. Once I got home I was busy doing last minute things for the holidays. The Saturday before Christmas I headed into New Orleans with my cousins, Livi, Anna and Sofia, where we met up with Kelly, Frankee and Jayden to enjoy some beignets at Cafe Du Monde before heading to Christmas in the Oaks at City Park.


Livi and Sofia enjoying some hot chocolateSofia, Livi and Anna in front of Jackson Square


Jayden throwing pennies in the fountainHey Diddle Diddle the cat and the fiddle, Jayden sat on a cow on the moon!
Sofia and Livi hanging out on some mushrooms in Storybook Land at Christmas in the Oaks

Now, I must tell you that Christmas in the Oaks is on of my personal favorite traditions to go and see at this time of the year. Usually its cool or sometimes cold, with that wintery briskness in the air. I usually opt for gloves, a scarf and a hat and some hot chocolate while walking through looking at all the lights. At at that moment a smile comes to my face and I think, it's Christmas time. Ahhh. However not this year. I think it has something to do with the absence of my gloves, scarf, hat and hot chocolate. Why were these things absent from my night you might be asking? Well, it's not because they were packed away in a suitcase...not I knew exactly where they were. No, the reason for this is because it was 75 degrees out and I really wanted an ice cold drink! Christmas and warm weather should not be in the same sentence, unless I am on Christmas Island!

On Christmas Eve, I helped my mom cook our family Christmas morning brunch tradition of strada. It is this scrambled egg dish. The fam loves it. I am becoming not the biggest fan of it, as I used to be. Maybe it is because I had to crack and scramble 16 dozen eggs.


Bryce is on his 3rd serving here... the first two plates were just as full!

Streett's first Christmas strada - and he loved it!

After the 'feeding frenzy' as my mom calls it was over, it was time to open gifts, which is always fun. Then we took some family pictures outside... in the 70 plus degree weather! At least it could be a little cool for Christmas morning, but no. Oh well, maybe next year!
Cousins!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Welcome back, Girlie! What is next for you?