
***First I would like to say SORRY for not posting a Fun Foto last Friday! I was so busy getting ready to leave for New York City on Saturday that it completely slipped my mind...I promise to try not to let it happen again***
Now, some of you are probably saying to yourself "who in the heck are these guys?" Well, it's Boyz II Men!!!
Blast from the past or at least the early to late 90's.
I decided on this photo because this weekend I am going into Philadelphia. Boyz II Men are from or at least they made it seem like they are from the area or at least like to visit there. My reference for this is lyrics from their song Motown Philly ... Motownphilly back again, something something something, Long overdue and now Philly is slammin', (Everybody it's) Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD, The eastcoast family, Never skipped a beat, while coolin' on South Street, *couple of more verses*, Now check this out, one day back in Philly, Four guys wanted to sing...and so on. So from this I will assume they are from Philly.
Did anyone else know they have 11 (yes I said 11) albums? I thought maybe 4 at the most, but 11? Crazy. Good for them. I wonder if anyone bought them?
So, back to the reason I decided to post this picture. Since I am going to Philly this weekend I was thinking wouldn't it be cool it I happened to bump into them while looking at the Liberty Bell or going through the Hall of Independence or reenacting the famous Rocky scene on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (you know you all want to run up those stairs too and throw your hand in the air like a champ) or while I am eating the so claimed best cheesesteak sandwich in the city. I could even run into them at IKEA... yes I am going there too. I need to start looking at what I want to buy when I get my apartment. And besides, I can't be that close to an IKEA and not stop!
With all the hype of possibly running into Boyz II Men on my adventure in Philly, I started thinking about other famous people from Philly: (The following are from a list I found on Wikipendia of people from Philly)
*the Fresh Prince Will Smith - we could sing the theme song to The Fresh Prince of BelAir together (I know all the words)
*Kevin Bacon - now THAT would make my weekend
*Dick Clark - I know he lives in NYC but maybe he will come back to his roots for a day
*Bill Cosby - maybe he and I could talk about the return of Jello Pudding Pops (the original ones)
*Richard Gere - I could be his pretty woman for the day
*Joey Lawrence -woah (enough said)
*Bob Saget - just so I can kick him in his knee, I don't think he is funny and he is a perv
* Az Yet - they are an R&B group I saw in Disney World on my senior trip
*Patti Labelle - I would tell her she looked great on the View the other day and way to go on getting the LaBelle's back together
*Teddy Prendergast - he could just sing to me
*Pink - she needs a hug after her divorce
*Kobe Bryant - we would play one on one (and he would let me win!)
So as you can see I will have a pretty busy weekend if all these people happen to be in town. But if not, I will still enjoy the sights, history and cheesesteak.
Oh did I ever tell you I say Boyz II Men in concert back when I was in the 10th grade. It's true, I did. Good times.







1 comment:
Hey Sara,
It sounds like you are having a lot of fun traveling. I'd be thrilled to run into Richard Gere but not Keven Bacon. I have never seen him in a movie that did not scare me to death and give me nightmares. Have fun in Philly! Aemrican Bandstand's home!
Post a Comment