Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Apartment Pictures

Finally, here are some pictures of my apartment ... with furniture!! I am still on the hunt for a bookshelf, dresser, night stand and a lamp for my living room. All things in due time, right. (I am thinking a trip to IKEA is in my near future to get the YELLOW linen cabinet I so desperately want (I think I will use it to put my books in) and a dresser - unless I find something at an antique store, garage sale or a flea market first). So my bedroom is still lined with boxes of books and a few other boxes. Oh well I am lucky and thankful to have the furniture I have. Oh I also need to buy a shower curtain (I am just using a liner for now) and a bath mat and some new towels...but all in time.
Here are the pictures enjoy...
My bedroom...will post new pics when I get the furniture I want :)
Bathroom...hasn't changed much...just a new liner...I will also post new pics when I get a new shower curtain and other accessories!
Dining/living area ... the couch is in the left corner (our of sight)
There it is! oh this was a great buy...it's a pull out bed too!
Fun and funky chair my mom recovered...I love the bead fringe (that I picked out)!
Dining room ... this set was originally a light oak and the chair seats were this woven wood stuff. My mom painted it for me and we found this fun fabric to recover (and pad) the chairs!
My computer desk...I think you can see the pattern on the dining room chair better here.
The fireplace. I am thinking a 32" flat screen or some fantastic piece of art would look great here. I found a small painting I like at the farmers market here in Belhaven... I am going to ask the artist to how much it would be to have it done in a 3'x3' canvas.
My tiny little kitchen. I utilized the peg board to hang my pots and hot chocolate mugs.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

So cute, Sara! I especially like the fringed funky chair. And the black table is really awesome too! I wish you lived closer I could set you up with some fun stuff from my warehouse!

Wendy said...

Sara it's adorable! Wish I could come see you! :)

Lynley said...

perfect! it's the best little first place. some furniture would be great, but you've got plenty of stuff right now.

as you said, all in due time.

i am excited to visit. i even have a rockin' awesome pullout to sleep on!

:O)