I would like to formally introduce yall to my new apartment mate...
Rotten Bayou...aka Bayou (pronounced by-you ... for those non southern folk)
Now you are probably wondering how I acquired this new apartment mate. Well, a couple of weeks after I moved in, I was coming into the building. My landlord, Henry, and Beverly (one of the ladies downstairs) were in the hallway talking. Henry was holding this kitten and asked if I wanted it. I asked permanently or temporally? He said he had a friend that would probably take it so temporally. I said ok and asked if I would have to pay the pet deposit if it ended up being more of a permanent. He laughed and said no. Sweet.
Let me tell you how Henry got his hands on this kitten. The girl down the hall from me, up and decided to move to Texas that same morning. Weird, but ok. She called Henry on her way out of town to tell him she moved out and to inform him that she left her two kittens at the building.
*let me speak my mind and say if you don't really want a pet for the long haul...DON'T GET ONE!
Henry found my new addition, but her friend has never been found.
So as you can probably now tell, the temporary turned into permanent. This is not a bad thing. But I wasn't quite ready for a pet. I was liking the freedom of being single. However, I do like the fact that when I walk in the door everyday, she is there to greet me and talks up a storm. Over Labor Day weekend, I decided to take her home, since I really didn't want to leave her home alone all weekend. She did great on the car ride and she and Kiwi (my Nana's cat were pretty much BFFs by the time we left on Monday). Here is Bayou enjoying the 3 hour car ride...
She slept almost the entire way there and back!
She is pretty much makes me laugh everyday. She is so playful and loves to play fetch with her toys...


Oh and she loves when I print something...


So yall, this is my new cat.
Now you are probably wondering how I acquired this new apartment mate. Well, a couple of weeks after I moved in, I was coming into the building. My landlord, Henry, and Beverly (one of the ladies downstairs) were in the hallway talking. Henry was holding this kitten and asked if I wanted it. I asked permanently or temporally? He said he had a friend that would probably take it so temporally. I said ok and asked if I would have to pay the pet deposit if it ended up being more of a permanent. He laughed and said no. Sweet.
Let me tell you how Henry got his hands on this kitten. The girl down the hall from me, up and decided to move to Texas that same morning. Weird, but ok. She called Henry on her way out of town to tell him she moved out and to inform him that she left her two kittens at the building.
*let me speak my mind and say if you don't really want a pet for the long haul...DON'T GET ONE!
Henry found my new addition, but her friend has never been found.
So as you can probably now tell, the temporary turned into permanent. This is not a bad thing. But I wasn't quite ready for a pet. I was liking the freedom of being single. However, I do like the fact that when I walk in the door everyday, she is there to greet me and talks up a storm. Over Labor Day weekend, I decided to take her home, since I really didn't want to leave her home alone all weekend. She did great on the car ride and she and Kiwi (my Nana's cat were pretty much BFFs by the time we left on Monday). Here is Bayou enjoying the 3 hour car ride...
She is pretty much makes me laugh everyday. She is so playful and loves to play fetch with her toys...
Oh and she loves when I print something...
So yall, this is my new cat.







3 comments:
Cute kitty!! And cute place! I love that chair by the way. Very fun. :]
Cute kitty!! And cute place! I love that chair by the way. Very fun. :]
very cute. jealous not to have my kitty with me btw. it would be nice to have my little heater here in the winter.
btw, i think i have the newer version of your printer. i wonder if kitty would like mine? hmmmmm..
:O)
Post a Comment