So I had the first heart pounding, terrifying grown up moment just a few minutes ago. I walked into my kitchen to put my glass in the sink when I was walking out I noticed this little brown fuzzy thing under my table. EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
I froze. I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. I just stood there in the kitchen. I didn't even scream - I don't think I could due to temporary paralysis. But a thousand things flew through my brain on how exactly I was going to handle this situation. When I could finally move again (about 3 minutes later) I very very quickly ran by the fireplace and grabbed my sleeping cat and threw her over by the table. She just looked at me like I was nuts and walked into the kitchen. I proceeded to jump on my couch and tremble. I called Leanne for telephone support and for advice from her husband Branson who used to be an exterminator. He said to get a broom... well I don't have one because I vacuum my floors. However, tomorrow I will be purchasing one. Now about 5 plus minutes had passed since the first sighting of my unwanted intruder and it still hadn't moved. I thought maybe my cat had done her job - thinking back I did hear her playing in the bathroom but none of her toys are in there, maybe she was defending our home. Way to go Bayou!
I decided to go across the hall and first introduce myself to my new neighbor and see if he had a broom. Well, he didn't. So I walked down to Adrienne's apartment to ask him. Adrienne came to my rescue! He came down with his broom and a trap in case it was still alive. Adrienne said it look injured so he swept it up. It only moved it's head so Bayou did her job! He nicely disposed of the mouse for me. Thank you Adrienne!!!!
Now, I am paranoid. I keep looking over my shoulder for anymore intruders. The upside of this is I have inspected my apartment and have not seen any mouse droppings so I don't think the little thing was here for long. There aren't any holes around my pipes so that is not an option for entry. Possibly the vent in the kitchen or bathroom that is connected to the up and downstairs and next door neighbors apartments. The vents are old and are not functioning - they are just holes in the wall with decorative (yet original) plates on them. I will be covering them with something tomorrow. So now I am going to try and go to bed and get some sleep since it is almost 11pm. Hopefully you will never have to hear of anything like this again.
I froze. I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. I just stood there in the kitchen. I didn't even scream - I don't think I could due to temporary paralysis. But a thousand things flew through my brain on how exactly I was going to handle this situation. When I could finally move again (about 3 minutes later) I very very quickly ran by the fireplace and grabbed my sleeping cat and threw her over by the table. She just looked at me like I was nuts and walked into the kitchen. I proceeded to jump on my couch and tremble. I called Leanne for telephone support and for advice from her husband Branson who used to be an exterminator. He said to get a broom... well I don't have one because I vacuum my floors. However, tomorrow I will be purchasing one. Now about 5 plus minutes had passed since the first sighting of my unwanted intruder and it still hadn't moved. I thought maybe my cat had done her job - thinking back I did hear her playing in the bathroom but none of her toys are in there, maybe she was defending our home. Way to go Bayou!
I decided to go across the hall and first introduce myself to my new neighbor and see if he had a broom. Well, he didn't. So I walked down to Adrienne's apartment to ask him. Adrienne came to my rescue! He came down with his broom and a trap in case it was still alive. Adrienne said it look injured so he swept it up. It only moved it's head so Bayou did her job! He nicely disposed of the mouse for me. Thank you Adrienne!!!!
Now, I am paranoid. I keep looking over my shoulder for anymore intruders. The upside of this is I have inspected my apartment and have not seen any mouse droppings so I don't think the little thing was here for long. There aren't any holes around my pipes so that is not an option for entry. Possibly the vent in the kitchen or bathroom that is connected to the up and downstairs and next door neighbors apartments. The vents are old and are not functioning - they are just holes in the wall with decorative (yet original) plates on them. I will be covering them with something tomorrow. So now I am going to try and go to bed and get some sleep since it is almost 11pm. Hopefully you will never have to hear of anything like this again.







4 comments:
creepy creepy CREEPY! You are so brave Sara Mason!
Oh my gosh! That's like my worst nightmare! You behaved very bravely. I and the entire confederacy are very proud of you. :)
I had a similar thing yesterday with a seven inch lizard in my family room. I dumped out my waste paper basket on the floor, ran over and captured it. Waiting like that for several hours it sat until Jim go home. I HATE anything like that in my house and have also been leery about going bare footed around here. Ugh! The very thought of stepping one one makes my skin crawl!
Good luck, Sara! Gt that broom right away!
did you ever get a broom? you never told me...
:O)
Post a Comment