Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life in Sin City

Just a little update...

Well, things in Vegas are going great! I really like it here. I am even getting used to people having rocks for a front yard rather than grass... but I do miss trees. sigh.

Things with the roomies is great! We are all getting along very well. This past Monday, I had the chance to hang out with Brittany and Tyler. It was so nice to visit with them... and I helped Brit shop for prego shirts...even though she doesn't even look pregnant! My next thing is to help her set up her blog so she can keep us all up to date! On Saturday night, Cat and I met an old friend of mine, Sunshine at this rockin country club called Stoneys...it is only about 2 miles from our apartment and was really fun! It was good to see Sunshine since I haven't seen here in almost 5 years when we both worked at Global. Her husband is stationed here in Vegas right now.

School is going well. I LOVE teaching and can't wait to get my own classroom!!! Only a few more months and that will be a reality. However I am worn out by Friday... last week, I came home and was out for the night by 10pm and made myself get out of bed at 9am on Saturday... I am such a slacker! But it was the first week the kids were in school and they wore me out... no excuses. I am doing better this week! However it is 8:30 and I am seriously thinking of going to be soon! Sad, I know!

Well, I don't have too much to say....but here are some pictures of life in Vegas!
Roommates at graduation... Daisy, Cat, me and Andrea
The girls at the Belliago... Andrea, me, Daisy and Chelsea
Watch out Vegas ... we have arrived!
Andrea and Daisy are winners!!!
Water show at the Belliago
Lynley giving king kong some knuckles
Sunset from our balcony... that is the South Point casino at the very end of the strip (only a mile from our apartment)

1 comment:

Lynley said...

it would be nice to have the pictures from that las vegas trip. alas, i didn't have my photo equipment, but this friend of mine did. where is she? and why doesn't she send ME those images????