Sunday, September 28, 2008

Narrowing down...

Well, the past few days have been full of extensive pondering on my part. In my last post I told yall how my principal had inquired if I would stay in Vegas if offered a job. On Friday, Ms. D told us she had an interview on Tuesday for the ELL committee (English Language Learner) job she was asked to apply for with the district. Mrs. M then was taking to me about how if Ms. D is offered the job, the principal could get a long term sub for Ms D's room and I could just move across the hall after Thanksgiving. There is option 1... I know the school, staff, some of the kids, Ms D would leave her room as is and I wouldn't have to set up a room...

Option 2...Saturday night while in good ol Wally World, Cat, Nicole and I ran into Nikki, a girl from BYUI who did her student teaching last semester and is now teaching at a school in Henderson. She told us her principal is looking for 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th grade teachers starting after Thanksgiving. Hmmmm... the school is only a year old, it is in a nicer part of Henderson, possible $2000 signing bonus...

Option 3.... Arizona...the Mesa/Gilbert/Scottsdale/Queens Creek area.... Nicole has a cousin that works there and said they are desperate for teachers. New area, can say I have lived in another state, I have never been to AZ (I don't count hanging at the airport waiting on a flight), a little closer to home

Option 4.... Houston.... close to home, FANTASTIC pay (who can say no to starting at the upper end of $40,000????), close to the water (I miss the beach), cheap housing...

These are my 4 options. I am not sure what I really want to do, except teach. I am so ready to have my own room...not that Mrs. M hasn't let me have free range of hers to do as I please, but it isn't fully mine. I really hate decisions. I do know that I need a roommate where ever I go. Several of the girls have been leaning towards Arizona, but I am comfortable here in Vegas, not that I wouldn't become comfortable where ever I go. Hmmm... I need to ponder and research some more on the districts I am looking at...I will let yall know what decision I make or what is being taken out of the pool!

1 comment:

Lynley said...

"ere you left your room this morning, did you think to pray?"

so, this is what i think. Pray and go to the temple. i'm thinking you should pray for clarity and the ability to make a decision.

once that's all good, make the decision and return to HIM who knows best.

Good luck. keep me posted, or rather, i'll just check your blog.