Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Golden Year

So, yesterday, September 30th, was the 5th anniversary of my 25th birthday. Yes, this means it was my golden birthday. I am in denial of getting older so I am eternally 25. However even though I am not getting older, I am still getting wiser. It was an ok day. I am sick and my voice was scratchy. My cooperative teacher, Mrs M, did bring me a mini cake, as pictured below, and one on my students brought me Ghirardelli chocolate yummy! I also received some fun teacher stuff from Mrs M. And the office ladies gave me a Kesterson Coyote personal planner. I receive many (and I mean 11) birthday cards from my mom, some were in the mail and some were by email...but they all made me happy! I brought my class rice crispy treats to celebrate the day and they each gave me 3 hugs...that is 48 hugs in all! And I loved every one!!! My roommates and Nicole took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Oh so good. Then we came home and had chocolate pie.

My cousin Jenn started texting me 4:30 in the morning... some people forget I am 2 hours earlier than they are....but I am not mad. She told me to enjoy the first of 365 golden days of my golden year...I am taking her advise and celebrating everyday this year. It is going to be a good year, I can feel it.

Here are some pictures from the day....





3 comments:

The Shields Family.... said...

Happy Late Birthday!! Sorry I am telling you I am a bad friend!! But I also have to tell you...You look Great for 30 years old!! :-D You also look like you have lost weight!! :-D

Lynley said...

it must be nice to have such wonderful friends, family, and roomies that celebrate your birthday in style, instead of forgetting it for like, what, like four days now that it's after midnight.

so, i know you probably don't want to be my friend anymore, but i wanted to wish you the happiest of birthdays, up til now of course, b/c there will be more, and i'm sure most of them will be totally rockin and awesome, and remembered by yours truly.

sorry i'm such a lousy birthday person. there are lots of excuses, but they don't matter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!!! You're gorgeous, inside and out, and don't you forget it!

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday, Sara...the bloom of your youth...enjoy it!