Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Legend of the Great Bambino

Babe Ruth.... the Great Bambino. Practically if not the greatest baseball player ever. A couple of weeks ago I went to the wax museum here in Las Vegas and was able to take a picture with the Babe Ruth.


Pretty cool I know.

The reason for this post is last week I had the opportunity and privilege to go to Nicole's 4th grade classroom where she had a special guest come speak to her students. No it wasn't Babe Ruth - he's dead - but the closest thing to him... his daughter. Mrs. Julia Ruth Stevens. Now you may be asking how on earth could Nicole get the Great Bambino's daughter to come visit her class??? Well, let me tell you she is pretty amazing and she has made friends with a hook up. Mrs. Steven's daughter-in-law, the other Mrs. Stevens, works at our school. Sweet hook up isn't it? So Mrs. Juila Ruth Stevens talked to the 4 graders about her father and his life. They had many questions for her about him and herself. It was a very interesting to hear stories about Babe Ruth from someone who was close to him and was there to witness it. She even told the story about the day her dad pointed to the outfield and then hit a homerun. I must say it was definitely one of the highlights of my life thus far.


2 comments:

laura.elizabeth said...

Sara- that is so cool. What an amazing experience. I am so glad things are going well for you in LV. But then I thought they would go well for you because you truly do bloom where you are planted! You inspire me! You are awesome!

The Shields Family.... said...

Ok I have to say that is way cool!! I can only imagine how neat it would be to say I meet the babes daughter!! :-)