Here's the skinny on the happenings of my life:
When I got home from Philly, I started substituting for St. Tammany Parish. Now many have asked why are you driving to Slidell, Mandeville, Abita Springs and Covington to sub? Well, St. Tammany paid me for my degree/teaching certificate and Mississippi would pay me the same as someone fresh out of high school. If I wanted to make the same as someone out of high school, I would work at Wendy's or Walmart. Anyways, it came out to about $35 more a day to cross the state line. Also the drive time was about the same as having to go to Gulfport or Biloxi for work.
I have also been a crazy woman filling out job applications for the fall. There are over 50 districts in the Houston area. I have filled out so many applications that I am now a professional job application filler outer. Maybe I should start a business where I fill out applications for people. It could be an option. I am hoping to find a teaching job in the Houston, Texas area. I am such a city girl. I love the conviences of the city, and the many different entertainment options (such as theater, museums, etc). Houston from what I have read and been told, has an amanzing theater circuit. They have broadway shows year round that come to the area. It also has NASA, a sweet zoo and aquarium, oh and I can't forget the shopping!!! I am always up for some good retail therapy.
Last weekend, I went to a job fair for the Pasadena ISD. (I was on the road Friday and remembered I forgot to post a fun foto friday...sorry) I received 3 interviews. The first was at 11:30 and when I went to the classroom it was being held in (the job fair was at a high school in the district), I was told they were no longer doing interviews for the day becasue all postions had been filled. What?! You filled all positions with the first 6 people you interviewed. Ok, there lost for not talking to me. :) The second school I interviewed with , well, didn't go so well. As I was asking questions, one of the ladies would cut me off to ask the next question. I guess she didn't like my answers. I was a little frazzled from it. My last interview, I was kinda beat down from the previous two and my hopes were less than high. The lady interviewing me made me feel so at ease. I was in there for almost 30 minutes. It think it went well. She said they didn't have any openings at the moment but were expecting some 1st and 2nd grade positions to be available. They would know more after this week, when school gets out. She did ask which I would perfer, I said I would love either. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Fisher ES
Now, I am starting to prepare for the big Houston area job fair on June 15. My old roomie, Andra, is flying in from Alberqurque for it too! I am excited to see her! All the Houston area districts will be there, so if I am hoping to walk away with a job (if I don't hear from Fisher ES soon).
I have so many pictures to post from over the last month and a half...I am working on them!
So you will be bombared with post here soon!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment