Saturday, July 12, 2008

Oh So Addicting


I am anxiously awaiting the release of the 4th and final book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I must give thanks to Amanda for getting me hooked on these books last summer as she, Erica and I drove to Boise. Last semester I finally took a deep sigh and gave in to reading the most popular books on this campus. I was a little hesitant at first, since 1. I am not the biggest fan of vampire books, I think reading Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice did it for me and 2. There was so much hype about them and I really didn't want to "follow the crowd" and read them. However, I do trust Amanda and her choice of books, movies and music (she pretty much rocks!)and with a little coaxing from her, borrowed the first book, Twilight. Well, I couldn't put it down and in a weeks time had the first three read! Why can't text books be so engaging that I can't put them down?!?!?

Well, now that I will have about two weeks before the 4th book comes out, I have made a goal to reread the first 3, and enjoy them now that I know what is going to happen.
So, right now I am in the process of purchasing them so I can read them on the bank of the Green River at my uncle's house in Wyoming...where I will be until the end of the month. I am also stoked for the book, Midnight Sun, to one day be released...it is Twilight rewritten from Edward's point of view. Stephenie Meyers has the first chapter posted on her website and it completely sucks you in. And I am sorta excited for the movie Twilight to be released on December 12th. Ok, enough on that...but for Amanda... I will let you know if I decide on Team Jacob or Team Edward...oh I am such a fence sitter!

No comments: