Well, as I posted a few days ago, Cat, Kelsie and I decided on the spur of the moment to head to Vegas for the 4th of July weekend. We left at 4 in the morning on Friday... early I know. The trip was pretty smooth considering I was driving on less than 2 hours of sleep...oh to be young and crazy...we were pulled over in Malad, ID...why you may ask? Well apparently he noticed the crack in my windshield as I was going 80 and he was on the opposite side of the interstate. The crack is at the top of my windshild and does not inhibit my vision in anyway as I am driving. He has really good eyes. Luckily he gave me a verbal warning (and he was cute, which was a plus) and we were off again. A few bathroom breaks and a lunch/gas stop and we were in St. George, where we stopped to visit for a bit with Lynley. Yay- I was able to see my best friend two weekends in a row!!! We pulled into Las Vegas around 1:30ish and while waiting for Cat's sister to get home from the grocery store we found our apartment complex for student teaching.
Once we were settled in at Sarah and Eddie's house we went to dinner at the In N Out just down the street. I love a double double! Then we sat back and relaxed until it was dark so we could watch the fireworks!
Later that night we attempted to see the fireworks from the strip at this park down the street...but our timing was a bit off and we missed most of them...bummer. We did get to see a few but we mostly watched the ones that people were setting off in the park. Still it was a blast! On our way home we noticed a bush on fire behind the 24 hour fitness just down the road from Sarah and Eddies! We called 911 but some people put it our before the fire truck could arrive. It was still quite exciting!
On Saturday we slept in and when we finally got up and ready to go we headed out for lunch. We decided to go to Red Robin...a first for the three of us. And I can now agree with the commercial when it says "Red Robin...Yum!" My burger was yummy in my tummy and oh so filling! Our waiter did tell us to try the Cupcakery that was next door but we were all too full that we could barely walk...all I wanted was a nap! However Cat and I have decided to give it a whirl when we move down there. I called my friend Amy who is currently student teaching in Vegas and we were able to see her apartment so we have an idea of what it looks like. Very nice!

Later that afternoon, we headed down to the strip to check everything out. We started at the Belliago and made it as far as MGM. We had fun watching the lions at MGM and checking out the botanical garden at the the Belliago. We explored the M&M world and the Coca Cola World. We were there for 7 hours and barely touched the surface! To end our night we went back to the Belliago and watched the water fountain show...too cool!









So, Sunday we packed up and headed back to Rexburg. I really really didn't want to leave...but I will be back in 38 days! I loved it! That I must say has been one of the best road trips I have been on yet!!! 72 hours and 4 states







2 comments:
I love when you have an idea and you just get up and go! I am glad that you have a wonderful weekend...how fun!
I love the pictures Sara! What fun! I love Vegas too and I am so excited that you get to teach there. I hope you love it. I know the strip has a bad reputation but to be totally honest- I love it. I am amazed at the architecture and engineering that goes into each building. And of course I love the interior design. I think it is a fun place. I am glad you had a great weekend.
Post a Comment