Sunday, June 1, 2008

Spirit Week Summer 2008

This past week was BYUI Spirit Week! This is is a tradition that happens every semester. It begins with the torch lighting ceremony

During the week there are many activities that happen ... a 5k run, a service project, a formal dance, a rodeo, the 50 lap relay race and spirit rally, and to wrap it all up a concert and fireworks show!! This year the concert was 1964 - The Tribute "the world's greatest" Beatles tribute band...that is what it said according to their official website. They have been together for 24 years ... and I must say I was not alive during "Beatlemania" but from listening to Beatles CD's and seeing video footage of their shows, I really felt like I was at a real Beatles concert. They had the outfits and the shaggy hair to boost! But one of the grooviest things about this concert is that it was Em's first concert ever!

Here are a few videos from the concert...


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sara...welcome to the world of blogging. I will tell Laura so she can check it all out! I love blogging it is the best way to keep in touch and so much fun to have a record of the important and everyday things in your life. I plan to have mine printed into a really cool book soon as I am almost at 200 posts since December! I must have had a lot of stuff bottled up in my brain before blogging came to be.