Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer is officially here!

Well, Friday was the first official day of summer! And to make it even better, summer is finally making an appearance here in Rexburg. Yes, after 7 weeks of rain and the temperature never getting out of the low to mid 60s (on a good day), we now have sun and temperatures in the 80s. I starting to think I wasn't going to have to use my fan at all this semester!



To celebrate the warm weather, Holli, Em and I headed up to Yellowstone on Saturday. We had a ton of fun and saw lots of animals! Except we didn't see a moose...bummer. But we did see bears, a fox, a yellow bellied marmot (aka rockchuck), elk, deer, a buffalo.

I am no longer a fan of the buffalo since we, along with a million other people, we stuck behind a huge herd of over 100 for over two hours on the road. We couldn't turn around and the only place for the buffalo to go was straight since there was a mountain on one side and a river on the other. But finally after two and a half hours and only going 3 and a half miles in that time, the buffalo finally came upon a field where they could hang out. Because of this delay we missed two showings of Old Faithful and decided not to wait to see the next one. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I haven't been ot Yellowstone since I was a kid but I still remember how stinky it was with the geyser water. Pretty t hough. Too bad you missed the Old Guy spoutintg off.