Sunday, June 1, 2008

With nothing to do on a Friday night, I was happy to receive a call from KJ to see if I had had dinner yet, which I hadn't. So we headed off to Idaho Falls and with both of us hungry and having no clue what we wanted, we decided to drive around to see if we could find somewhere to stop that sounded good enough to eat at. We were driving down Yellowstone Highway and low and behold we came across this...The North Hiway Cafe...with a lot of cars outside. We figured this was a good sign so we pulled in. Well, walking in we got a good laugh at the decor....all the seats were covered with this horrid fabric with horses and cowboys on it. However, the menu was actually pretty cool...full of delicious sounding burgers and home cooked food. I settled on the chicken fried steak with homemade mashed potatoes and KJ originally went with the beef stroganoff however the cook said it was no longer on the menu...well take it off then! So she went with the North Mile Hi Burger....two beef patties (or substitute one for a sausage patty), ham, swiss and American cheese and a fried egg....not to mention the tomato, lettuce and pickles. It was huge and a heart attack on a bun! KJ almost finished it...here is a picture of her first bite! She could barely fit it in her mouth!

1 comment:

Randomanda said...

oh!! kj.. i miss her.. what a funny picture, that she might be completely horrified by.
ha